Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March 13th


On this day.... in 1958, birth of Albert II, Prince of Monaco. In preparation for my trip to England (and a final, Thermopylae-esque effort to deny the rising tide of last-day-before-spring-break homework), I spent a productive hour scouring the internet for eligible British nobles. Hopeless. Aside from the fact that I had trouble finding a birthyear later than 1945, most of them bore an unsettling resemblance to a certain public television star of my childhood. While Albert II's nephew Andrea is possibly the most beautiful creature it has ever been my good fortune to ogle, his hobbies - wearing Lacoste riding habits, smoking long cigarettes on yachts, and being lounged upon by beautiful women - don't exactly point to ideal husband material. Why aren't there more unmarried, titled, brilliant, handsome, faithful, wildly affluent people around? I think the times call for a return of the renaissance man. I guess the development of so much excellence takes time. We should all learn from the Count St. Germain, who simply decided to live forever. I mean, it's so simple. Get on the bandwagon.

No comments: